Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Promise Walk St. Louis, MO


Support me in the Promise Walk for Preeclampsia

When I was pregnant with my daughter Sophie, I was diagnosed with Preeclampsia. I was immediately induced 3 weeks early so that neither Soph or myself were seriously harmed.

Preeclampsia is a life-threatening disorder of pregnancy that affects both the mother and the unborn baby. As many as 1 in 12 woman are diagnosed with it during pregnancy.

On May 12th Sophie and I will be walking in The Promise Walk to help raise awareness and to raise money to help find a cure.

I'm excited to support the Preeclampsia Foundation's mission to reduce infant and maternal illness and death due to hypertensive disorders of pregnancy. Together we are Making Strides, Delivering Hope! If you can find it in your heart, please make a pledge to help me meet my goal!  A $1 donation makes all the difference.

 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I had no idea this foundation existed. Thanks for the info!

Unknown said...

No problem! I was happy when I found it since it hits home for me and my family.

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

Thank you so much for the information. My friend also had really bad preeclampsia. It is so hard. Thank you for bringing light to this foundation.

Angie A said...

great info, my bff has preeclampsia and had to have her baby early. baby and mom are healthy and happy but it is a scary thing!