Sunday, July 8, 2012

Joys of Motherhood

So here I am, trying to get my 22 month old son to sleep who will fight you to the death if you give him anything but a bottle of milk to fall asleep with.  I want to hold my ground, but the poor guy fell down the stairs two days ago.  Yep, he somehow got over the gate and opened the basement door as I went down to grab the laundry.  Besides the bruise and scraps, he's been such a trooper.  He even smiled and said "hi Mom" when I frantically ran over to pick him up.  Guess that's what you get when you have a son!  Then there is my 7 year old daughter, who is my everything.  She has been really into this video game for the past week.  Today I told her it was time to play with something else and give the TV and video game a break.  After the stomps and door slam, I notice a sign placed outside her bedroom door.  "Do not disturb."  Between my little man giving me heart attacks with his dare devil acts and my daughter's new found snotty attitude, I have myself wondering how I'm going to survive the next 16 years!  (Maybe put them in the closet so no one gets hurt!)  However, I do get lots of laughs (and plenty of hugs and kisses).  I guess this is what they mean by the joys of motherhood.

No comments: