Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pizza Rolls

Yesterday I posted about the awesome idea Pizza Hut gave me with the Garlic Bread Pizzas.  YUM!  Well, as I mentioned, I had plenty of ingredients leftover.  Dinner for 4-8 people (depending on how hungry everyone is) last night cost me $8.  So for lunch today, we made little crescent roll pizza bites.  After doing the math, lunch for me and my two kids today cost us only about $4!  BTW....I still have some cheese and pepperoni leftover!  I did run out of sauce (which cost me $.35 to make anyways).  

 Separate your crescent rolls (I bought a few cans when they were on sale for $1).  Place one pepperoni, a small amount of shredded mozzarella cheese, a little oregano, and a piece of string cheese (I cut up a stick of string cheese, $.25, and put a small piece on each roll).

Roll up your crescent roll making sure to tuck the sides in (you don't want your cheese to spill out the sides!).

Line them up on your baking dish.  Make sure the oven is preheated according to the directions on the can, and bake just like you would a regular crescent roll.

Let the rolls cool for a moment before serving.  These were cheap to make and a hit with the kids!


No comments: