Tuesday, January 17, 2012

DIY: T-Shirt Tote

I love to recycle whatever I can.  So it only makes sense to recycle your clothing too!  This DIY project is so simple and costs nothing!

Step 1:  Pick out a t-shirt!  Heavy cotton works best since the fabric is more sturdy.


Step 2: Cut off the sleeves.  I left the seems in tact to keep the handles sturdy.


Step 3:  Cut off the collar.  How you cut depends on how you want your tote to look. If you have a logo and want to showcase it, cut above the logo.  
(I cut deep and into the design since I want my tote made inside out.) 

Step 4: Turn your bag inside out.  Sew the bottom (excuse my sewing job, it wasn't until I took this picture that I realized I had my thread threaded incorrectly!)  You're gonna want to go back over your seem once you are finished in order to (once again) ensure that your bottom is sturdy.

Step 5: Turn your bag right side in!

There you go!  My finished tote bag!  I will be using this for my grocery shopping from now on!
What do you think?

No comments: