Tuesday, May 21, 2013

This Extra Baggage Has Got To Go!

For nearly 8 years now I have struggled with my weight.  I went from being athletic and 150 to well over 200 lbs after the birth of my daughter.  One year ago I began working with a personal trainer 3-4 times a week and I had started Weight Watchers.  I lost a quick 16 lbs.......and that is where I stayed.  Since then, my weight has gone up and down slightly, but there hasn't been any more weight loss.  At the start of May, I started a plank and squat challenge.  While I feel like I'm doing well, the scale has yet to tell me so.  My family has also cut out a large amount of sugar and we have started eating more fresh, local produce than we have in recent years.  Over the past few years, I have tried everything from magic pills, to super diets, to busting my ass at the gym.  Mr. T says I need to focus on my stress level before I can expect my body to change.  As much as I hate to admit he's right.....he might just be (but don't tell him I said so).  In addition to focusing on my stress levels, I am looking at what has worked for my body in the past.  It is time to get rid of this extra baggage once and for all.

No comments: