Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Homemade Christmas Tree Ornament

As I was scouring Pinterest looking for a craft idea for my son and his little lady friend I watch one day a week (they are both 3), I found a cute homemade scrap ribbon Christmas ornament idea from Fireflies and Mudpies.  I love this craft idea for so many reasons, number one, it uses scrap ribbon, which you would normally toss out and waste.  Number two, it's so very rustic looking!

This ornament is so easy to do.  Grab some sticks from the backyard, and your scrap ribbon, and tie them around the stick.  Make sure your stick is dry and strong (our first stick was brittle and broke!).  You'll want to cut the ribbon to different lengths so it looks like a Christmas tree (we trimmed ours up once we got it on the stick).  I did the first one with my son, he had a blast trying to learn how to tie (didn't do so well, but had fun!!!).  We used a little dot of hot glue to keep the ribbon in place.

When my 9 year old daughter got home from school, she wanted to do one (but pink!).  I let her do hers all by herself unlike my son.  They may not be the prettiest ornaments, but they will sure make my tree look stunning!

To see this and many more craft ideas, visit Fireflies and Mudpies!

FYI, this craft idea didn't seem easy enough to do with a couple of toddlers, so I am still on the hunt for Christmas craft ideas......I'm thinking of doing pasta snowflake ornaments!  Stay tuned for that post.

No comments: