Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Saving with Ibotta

I know you've seen one too many bloggers post about Ibotta and how great it is, right?  But what is it?  Ibotta is an app (that you can download for free on your smartphone or tablet) that gives you money back when you buy certain products.  Think of it as an instant rebate!  Ibotta offers cash back for products most of us buy on a regular basis; diapers, paper products, food, etc.  You complete the offers, purchase the product, scan your receipt and the product bar code, and then Ibotta issues you the appropriate cash back amount which you can instantly transfer into your PayPal account.  But wait, there's more!  You can also earn extra cash back by completing bonuses!  I just got over $60 worth of products for less than $20 with coupons, Ibotta, and Target's new Cartwheel program.


Here's my Ibotta trip(s):::


Cottonelle, Scott's Toilet Paper, Viva Paper Towels, Huggies Diapers, Huggies Pull-Ups, Huggies Baby Wipes, Poise Liners, Cottenelle Wet Wipes, Colgate Optic 360 Toothbrush, Colgate Total Advanced Toothpaste, Kleenex 4 Pack, Kleenex, Kotex U Tampons

I paid $52.48 out of pocket.  My total before coupons, my Cartwheel savings, and my Target Red Card savings was $67.37.  Every product I bought was eligible for cash back from Ibotta, even some bonuses.  There were 4 bonuses I was able to cash in on; $5 Autumn Stock Up, $20 for 10 Offers, $2 Hug Your Baby, and $3 Freshen Up!  After my Ibotta rebates and bonuses, I only paid $13.23 for everything!  Not too shabby considering the diapers and pull-ups were $17.98 together.


Not earning cash back with Ibotta yet?  Sign up here!




UPDATE (Nov. 15, 2013): Ibotta has updated (Ibotta 2.0).  You can now earn money by shopping at Lowe's or Home Depot.........and by eating out at your favorite restaurants!


No comments: