Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Kid Friendly Truffles

During the holiday season, I try to do lots of baking with my kids.  My daughter is 7 this year, so she can start doing a lot more.  This recipe is super easy and cheap to make!  It's so easy that my 7 year old could roll these truffles out herself.

Brownie Truffles
1 box of brownie mix
1/4 cup of water
2 tbs. corn syrup
Your choice of toppings (I like toffee bits and powdered sugar)

-Mix together your brownie mix, water, and corn syrup. This will be a thick, dry looking mixture.
-Pour your toppings into separate bowls.
-Scoop about 1 tbs. of the mixture. Make sure your hands are damp because this will get sticky! Start rolling the scoops into balls then roll the balls into your topping of choice.
-Chill in the refrigerator. Place them on parchment paper to prevent sticking!

No comments: