Wednesday, August 31, 2011

That Old Chair

My grandmother has this old dining room chair (it is the last survivor of the set).  My sister uses it in her room for her desk (which also belonged to my great grandmother "The Gerken").  She just had her room painted purple.  The desk looks great in the room....but the chair....not so much.  It had been reupholstered twice and still had the original red faux leather on it!  This has to be circa 1960-1970.  It was gross!  My sister wanted to throw it out and buy a new one.  But why?  The chair is solid....it could last many more years!  So....I painted it for her....sanded it.....painted it some more....sanded it....rubbed some stain on it....and then a black wash.  We reupholstered it with a fabric that matched her room and added some extra color.  Here is what we got out of it:

Before

After

Now we have a new chair! 

No comments: