Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Dreaded Diet: The First Month

Studies show that people who multi-task on a daily basis tend to be overweight.  I guess this would explain a lot!  I am now one month into my diet.  It has taken me this long to realize I need to clear my mind and focus on one step at a time if this will work.  I have reduced my soda intake, and increased my water and fruit intake.  As of today.....my total weight loss has been only 1 lb.  My hubby tells me not to get discouraged.  In order for this to work for me....I need to first make sure I can resist temptation.  For the first time in a long time, I feel as I can do so.  The past two times I have been to the grocery store, I have stared down my favorite cookies, and passed them up.  Although a small feat, this is something that I can be proud of.  I have also taken the yard work duty off of my husband's shoulders.  Maybe mowing the yard will help me lose the inches I want to!  I still have a long journey ahead.  However, my hubby and I are going on our first getaway together this August, so I hope I can make some serious progress by then! 

*Wish me luck!*

No comments: