Saturday, June 2, 2012

Freezer Meal: Pita Pizza

A few weeks ago, I had posted about the day I spent cooking up a months worth of meals.  As you also know, I am dieting (Weight Watchers baby!).  Convenience and diet friendly don't always go hand in hand, so making a lunch for me that was delicious, easy, and diet friendly was a challenge I was willing to accept.  But in fact, it wasn't hard at all.  One of the lunches I chose was the frozen pita pizzas.

Here's how I made them:

I took one whole wheat pita bread (low in fat and carbs, but high in fiber), topped it with one serving (2 tbsp) of pizza sauce (you can make your own if you can't find one low in fat), one serving of low fat cheese, and then any veggies you like!  For me, I wanted tomatoes.  Bake you pizza on 350 degrees for 5 minutes just until the cheese is melted.  Once cooled, wrap and freeze!  


When I felt like pizza, I'd pull my frozen pizza out of the freezer, pop it in the microwave for 1 1/2-2 minutes until nice and hot.



I love dipping my pizza in wing sauce and ranch.  So to complete my lunch, I used my ranch "dip" and a little splash of hot sauce.  My ranch dip is one tub of fat free/low fat sour cream and one packet of dry ranch mix.


Now, for all of you Weight Watchers fans....the Points Plus value of the pizza alone.....2!  Adding my ranch "dip" added 1 extra point.  3 points for lunch!  Good deal!

Enjoy!

No comments: