Friday, October 11, 2013

Cancer Awareness

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.  Breast cancer is an issue that hits close to home.  For many years, my husband's grandmother fought her battle against cancer.  In 2009, she became our angel.  Then in 2010, my husband then lost his cousin Andrew to lymphoma cancer.  However, as much support as we give to these well known cancers, there are still lesser known cancers, such as mesothelioma, or asbestos cancer.  One of my readers, Heather, is a survivor of this not so familiar cancer.

Here is Heather's story:
Heather and her family

"I am a wife, mother, and a mesothelioma survivor. When my daughter was 3 ½ months old, I was diagnosed with this rare and deadly cancer, and given 15 months to live.  My prognosis was grim but I knew that I needed to beat the odds for my newborn daughter, Lily.  It’s been 7 years now and I feel that it is my duty to pay it forward and inspire others.
I clung on to hope throughout my whole journey with mesothelioma. When you have hope, it makes the battle easier.  I want people to be inspired by me, I want to make them fight; give them something to hold on to when all else fails. That is why I do it.  If I inspire one person, I've done my job."

Heather's mission is to help bring hope; where there is love, there is always hope.



Watch Heather's story:

For more information on mesothelioma cancer, visit http://www.mesothelioma.com/asbestos-cancer/

Make sure your order your FREE information packet about mesothelioma, which includes an awareness bracelet.  I ordered mine to wear and help bring awareness, will you?

What is your story?  Have you been touched by a disease that you feel isn't getting enough attention?  Help spread the word.

No comments: